[X-POST] Student and Contributor Tickets are now available

Ashok Tankala

May 6, 2024, 8:43:36 AMMay 6
to inpycon-...@python.org, bangp...@python.org, chen...@python.org, ncr-py...@python.org, pytho...@googlegroups.com, ko...@python.org, hy...@python.org, mump...@gmail.com
Hi Everyone,

PyCon India 2024 Student and Contributor Tickets are now open. Student tickets and Contributor Tickets give you access to both days of the conference, including food and goodies.

Student tickets are provided at a discounted price for students who are looking to attend the conference. Students have to present a valid student ID during registration, or else they have to pay the late bird ticket prices.

Contributor tickets would be used to give travel/accommodation grants to students or the folks who are not able to afford the cost. The minimum price is ₹4999 but you can pay any amount you want to contribute.

Get your tickets now[0].

If you have any questions or suggestions, Do reach out to us on Zulip[1]

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social networks as widely as possible. Thank you!

Links:
[0] https://konfhub.com/pyconindia2024
[1] https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/

Tweet: https://twitter.com/pyconindia/status/1787458116205912440
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7193226618587258882/

Thanks,
Ashok Tankala
On behalf of PyCon India 2024 Team

Nikhil VJ

May 8, 2024, 12:15:22 AMMay 8
to con...@in.pycon.org, pytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The Contributor tickets are a pretty good idea. I wish there wasn't a GST applying on that, but understand there's no other way.
The minimum ~5k for it seems a bit steep though, much more than the ticket I bought for myself.
I was wanting to make micro-contributions.
Can you guys consider lowering the minimum limit?

I reckon you may find 100 people willing to contri rs.500 in place of 1 person willing to contri rs.5k . That's 10x more contribution. There might be even more in rs.100 range.

Of course if there's accounting challenges and all with higher volumes, then pls ignore this.
Wishing big success for this event, thank you to the organizers for all that you are doing.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ