February PythonPune meetup 2024

Akshay Gaikwad

Feb 6, 2024, 1:10:10 AMFeb 6
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
NOTE: This is an in-person event, join us at the event location.

Hello Pythonistas :)

We're super excited to tell you about the February PythonPune meetup!
It's going to be in person on Saturday, February 10th, starting at
10:00 AM. Check out our event page[1] for more info and please RSVP to
let us know you're coming.

* Agenda

1. "Beyond Pandas: A dive into Python's high-performance dataframe
library Polars" by Santhosh Solomon.
https://github.com/pythonpune/meetup-talks/issues/183

About the speaker:
Santhosh is currently leading the Data Engineering team at Adavrisk.
Recently, he has begun engaging with community events and venturing
into areas outside his usual work scope after attending PyCon 2023. He
loves to discuss about interesting things happening in the Python and
Data Engineering space :)

2. "Time Series Analysis of Geospatial Data to track Sustainable
Development Goals using Open Data and Open Source Software" by Jyoti
Bhogal
https://github.com/pythonpune/meetup-talks/issues/182

About the speaker:
Jyoti's journey of using Free and Open Source Software started during
her Bachelor’s degree. R was the first ever programming language she
used, making her a later bloomer in the tech space. However, there was
no stopping once she got the hang of it. The fact that this software
is totally free, helped her - a college student back then, to start
programming. The flexibility and community-driven nature of
open-source tools helped her pace up and collaborate.

3. Networking

Event details:
* When: 10th February, 2024
* Time: 10:00 AM IST
* Where: Avoma Inc. 301, Chinar Heights, Prabhat Road, Deccan
Gymkhana. (https://maps.app.goo.gl/nPcdrSTFqpWxJNhM9)

Thanks,
PythonPune Team

[1] https://www.meetup.com/pythonpune/events/298900151/