[X-POST] Announcing our first Keynote Speaker for PyCon India 2024 - Kovid Goyal

Ashok Tankala

May 16, 2024, 7:47:55 AMMay 16
to inpycon-...@python.org, bangp...@python.org, chen...@python.org, ncr-py...@python.org, pytho...@googlegroups.com, ko...@python.org, hy...@python.org, mump...@gmail.com
Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce Kovid Goyal as our first Keynote speaker for
PyCon India 2024.

About Kovid Goyal
--------------

Kovid Goyal is the creator and ongoing maintainer of dozens of Python projects, with millions of users. Most prominently calibre[1], the e-book management program and kitty[2], the GPU accelerated terminal. Many of his Python projects are focused on speed, for example `html5-parser` which is 30x as fast as the Python alternatives. Or kitty which has best in class performance despite being written partly in Python.

You can also find him on GitHub[3], and visit his Website[4] to read more about his work.

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you!

We'll be sharing more updates about the conference soon.

[1] https://calibre-ebook.com/
[2] https://sw.kovidgoyal.net/kitty/
[3] https://github.com/kovidgoyal
[4] https://kovidgoyal.net/