[X-POST] Birds of a Feather (BoF) and Poster Presentations at PyCon India 2024

Ashok Tankala

Jun 13, 2024, 6:30:04 AMJun 13
to inpycon-...@python.org, bangp...@python.org, chen...@python.org, ncr-py...@python.org, pytho...@googlegroups.com, ko...@python.org, hy...@python.org, mump...@gmail.com

Hi Everyone,

At PyCon India, our commitment is to continuously evolve and enrich how we foster learning, discussion, and connections within our community. This year, we are pleased to continue offering the popular Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions and poster presentations alongside our staple talks.

Birds of a Feather (BoF) Sessions

Birds of a Feather sessions, or BoFs, are specially designed to be informal, agenda-free gatherings where participants with similar interests can openly share ideas, challenges, and solutions.

These sessions strike a unique balance between seriousness and fun, providing the ideal environment for deep diving into specific topics while fostering robust community engagement and learning. Whether you’re looking to explore new trends, solve complex problems, or simply share experiences with like-minded individuals, BoFs at PyCon India offer a perfect platform to enhance your conference experience.

Session Format:

  • BoFs will take the form of relaxed panel discussions with active audience participation.

  • The session proposer will serve as the moderator, guiding the discussion to ensure it remains focused and engaging, and encouraging participation from all attendees.

Call for Moderators:

  • We invite community members to propose topics, describe their BoF session, and suggest potential panelists. Each BoF session is slated to last 60 minutes.

Poster Presentation Sessions

Poster presentations at PyCon India are an excellent opportunity for showcasing projects or ideas through a visual summary. This format is perfect for delving into niche topics that might not fit the broader scope of a standard talk, allowing for a detailed exploration of specific areas.

Ideal for students and newbie Pythonistas, poster sessions offer a welcoming and less daunting environment than full-length presentations. They allow presenters to engage directly with attendees in a more personal and interactive setting, which can be particularly beneficial for those who are just starting to make their mark in the Python community. Whether it's a novel project, a unique solution to a programming challenge, or insights into community building and collaboration, posters can help crystallize your ideas and communicate them effectively.

We highly encourage students and novices to leverage this format to showcase their projects, learnings, and insights. Engaging in poster presentations can significantly boost your confidence and sharpen your skills in communicating complex ideas effectively and visually.

If you're passionate about a project, a unique solution, or community initiatives, consider submitting a poster for PyCon India. It's an excellent platform for receiving feedback, networking, and gaining visibility within a supportive community. Join us, share your insights, and contribute to the vibrant tapestry of our community. We can’t wait to see the innovative ideas our new Python enthusiasts bring to the table!

Presentation Format:

  • Setup: Each presenter will be provided with a poster board suitable for an A0 size poster, along with a table for a laptop, ideal for live demos.

  • Participants will also submit a PDF of their poster as part of their proposal, which will be shared with conference attendees for deeper engagement.

  • Interactive Sessions: Attendees interested in your topic can stop by your station where you can give them a brief presentation or demo.

Important Dates to Remember

  • CFP Deadline: The call for proposals for both BoF and poster sessions will close on July 31, 2024, at 23:59 UTC+05:30.

  • Session Dates: BoF and poster presentation sessions will take place on September 21st and 22nd, 2024.

For more information and to submit your proposals, please visit the PyCon India [0]

We are excited to see your contributions and how they will spark conversations and connections at PyCon India 2024. Whether you are a seasoned Pythonista or a newcomer to the community, this is your chance to share your knowledge and insights in an engaging and impactful way. Join us in shaping an enriching and inclusive Python conference experience!

If you've any doubts or thoughts regarding the above, please feel free to respond here or reach out to any of us on Zulip[1].

[0]: in.pycon.org/bof

[1]: https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/

With regards,

Ashok Tankala