FUDCon KL bid finalization meeting, tonight (29th Feb 2012), 9pm at #fedora-my

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail

Feb 29, 2012, 1:11:19 AM2/29/12
to Fedora Malaysia, osdcm...@googlegroups.com, UTP Open Source Society, pyth...@googlegroups.com, A general discussion list on Free/Open Source Software in Malaysia.
Hi everyone.

Those who followed the recent discussions in Fedora Malaysia mailing
list and also the Fedora Malaysia Google+ page might have already
known that a number of us are bidding to get the Fedora User Developer
Conference Asia Pacific (FUDCon APAC) to be held in Kuala Lumpur this
year.

The bid page is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:APAC_2012_Bid_Malaysia

FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference, a major free
software event held in various regions around the world, usually
annually per region. FUDCon is a combination of sessions, talks,
workshops, and hackfests in which contributors work on specific
initiatives. Topics include infrastructure, feature development,
community building, general management and governance, marketing,
testing and QA, packaging, etc.

FUDCon is always free to attend for anyone in the world.

For FUDCon KL, we are planning to use a mixed conference+barcamp
format. There will be 1 day of conference and 2 days of
barcamp/workshops.

The bid result will likely be decided on tomorrow, Thursday , 1st
March 2012 in a meeting by the Fedora Ambassador Steering Committee
(FAMSCo) . So tonight, we will be finalizing our bid document for
review by FAMSCo tomorrow.

Those who are interested to give input for the bid document, do attend
the meeting at :

channel: #fedora-my
network: irc.freenode.net
time: 2100 (9:00 PM) MYT

If we win this bid. The event will happen on 18th - 20th May 2012 at APIIT.

Pre-submission and pre-registration is already open.

You can pre-register by adding your info here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:APAC_2012_Bid_Malaysia#Pre-registration

pre-submission for talks/hackfests can be submitted by adding it here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:APAC_2012_Bid_Malaysia#Talks

Do show your support by pre-registering and submitting sessions and
see you tonight!

Regards.

http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331