Applications to Django Girls Dublin open (Deadline April 16)

Vicky Twomey-Lee

Jan 26, 2016, 1:58:36 PM1/26/16
to pythonie, pyladie...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I want to pass on this message from Django Girls Dublin.

Cheers,

/// Vicky

=== BEGIN MESSAGE ===

We are happy to announce the very first Django Girls workshop in Dublin. The workshop is organised independently by Paula Weir and Vicky Twomey-Lee, in partnership with RTÉ Digital.

WHAT
====
Similar to PyLadies and Rails Girls workshops, Django Girls aims to introduce women to the world of programming, and the 1-day workshop allows them to build their very first website with Django!

Our website (with all the info and application link):

WHEN
====
Saturday, April 23rd 2016

WHERE
=====
RTÉ, Donnybrook, Dublin 4

WHO
===
The workshop is intended for women with no prior programming experience (but technical background is fine!). We accept applications from local and visiting attendees, and with the help of sponsorship we hope to offer financial aid to those who wish to travel to (and stay in) Dublin for the workshop.

APPLY
=====
Applications are now open, and will remain open until April 16th.

GET INVOLVED
============
We encourage you to reach out to your communities, families, friends, and share the love of technology and programming with all the women you know. Together, we can bring more diversity into the IT fields and empower women to pursue jobs in this field without fear or hesitation.

If you wish to get involved, please write to us at dub...@djangogirls.org.

We're always happy to have volunteers for the day of the event or to help with peripheral tasks such as printing swag, promoting with local media, or coaching!

Thanks!
Django Girls Dublin

=== END MESSAGE ===

Vicky Twomey-Lee

Feb 14, 2016, 5:51:20 PM2/14/16
to pythonie, pyladie...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm renewing my call for mentors and those who are interested in learning about Django at the upcoming Django Girls Dublin workshop on Sat April 23rd. It's also free and held at RTE. :-)

If interested in
Cheers,

/// Vicky

Vicky Twomey-Lee

Mar 10, 2016, 7:01:02 PM3/10/16
to pythonie, pyladie...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Another ping for Call for Mentors for Django Girls Dublin workshop on Sat Apr 23.

When: Sat April 23
Where: RTE, Ballsbridge
Expected attendees: 30

I won't be there as I'm out of the country but I'm trying to help with logistics where I can

If interested in
Cheers,

/// Vicky