MicroPython Kickstarter

Vicky Twomey-Lee

Feb 1, 2016, 5:48:08 PM2/1/16
to pythonie
Hey all,

This might be of interest to you makers and electronic peeps, it's a kickstarter for MicroPython :-D

Got this via the Python UK mailing list and I thought it would be great to share this with PyIE folks:

Damien is at it again... :-)

He's created a version of MicroPython that runs on the ubiquitous
ESP8266 WiFi chip (so Pythonic IoT a doddle).

If you want to support Python as a first class IoT language then please
consider backing this:

From the blurb:

"We want to make MicroPython run like clockwork on the bare metal of the
ESP8266 Wi-Fi chip. MicroPython gives you the benefits of a well-known
high-level programming language - simple and powerful code, and rapid
development - all in the constraints of a microcontroller. Using
MicroPython on the ESP8266 will allow you to create beautiful Internet
of Things devices with ease, much quicker than with C or similar
compiled languages, and using Python is a lot of fun!"

Cheers,

/// Vicky