Windows bug report

TL

Aug 29, 2012, 11:14:30 AM8/29/12
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
I've been expirementing with pythonect this morning for an hour or two, it's pretty cool :)
I can confirm easy_install works and the pythonect module itself is functioning properly. However, the following issues are apparent.

1. During the installation process, several warnings appear:
warning: no files found matching 'AUTHORS'
warning: no previously-included files found matching '.gitignore'
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...

2. (PythonDir)\Scripts\pythonect currently does not work on Windows.
'pythonect' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Furthermore, it uses a shebang line and redirects execution to another internal script ((PythonDir)\lib\site-packages\pythonect-0.4.0-py2.7.egg\EGG-INFO\scripts\pythonect) that uses the readline module which is unavailable for Windows.
I have managed to create a "quick and dirty" workaround by dropping a batch file and a simple script into (PythonDir)\Scripts\.

pythonect.bat
@echo off
python %~dp0pythonect-run.py %1

pythonect-run.bat
import sys, pythonect
if len(sys.argv) > 1:
pythonect.eval(open(sys.argv[1]).read(), {}, {})
else:
print "Usage: pythonect file.py"

P.S. Thanks for all the time and work invested in this beautiful language!

TL

Aug 29, 2012, 11:17:20 AM8/29/12
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I meant pythonect-run.py.

בתאריך יום רביעי, 29 באוגוסט 2012 18:14:30 UTC+3, מאת TL:

Itzik Kotler

Aug 29, 2012, 1:24:15 PM8/29/12
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please see inline.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM, TL <gsog...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been expirementing with pythonect this morning for an hour or two, it's pretty cool :)
I can confirm easy_install works and the pythonect module itself is functioning properly. However, the following issues are apparent.

1. During the installation process, several warnings appear:
warning: no files found matching 'AUTHORS'
warning: no previously-included files found matching '.gitignore'
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...

These warning are harmless, and can be safely ignored.

You are correct, I did a quick search for readline alternative for Windows, I found http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyreadline - I will try to integrate it in the upcoming release. Please open a bug for it.

I have managed to create a "quick and dirty" workaround by dropping a batch file and a simple script into (PythonDir)\Scripts\.

pythonect.bat
@echo off
python %~dp0pythonect-run.py %1

pythonect-run.bat
import sys, pythonect
if len(sys.argv) > 1:
pythonect.eval(open(sys.argv[1]).read(), {}, {})
else:
print "Usage: pythonect file.py"

Thanks, but I believe the solution will probably be in a form of a Windows installer. I will look into it and see what the "cost" of making such package/installer.

P.S. Thanks for all the time and work invested in this beautiful language!

Thank you :)