struggling to find OpenImageIO for Windows&Maya2014 ( python 2.7.3 64Bit )

Asi Sudai

Apr 8, 2014, 6:59:52 PM4/8/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hi gang,

I'm struggling to find OpenImageIO python bindings that work under Windows&Maya2014 ( python 2.7.3 64Bit )
The great site of UCI have a huge list of pre-compiled libraries http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#openimageio
But neither of those versions works on Maya2014 ( python 2.7.3 64Bit )

# Error: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "<maya console>", line 1, in <module>
# ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application. #

So the next step would be to compile it myself, I'm novice at compiling, let alone compiling for windows&maya.
But I jumped in and got stuck get cmake to compile the libraries listed in https://sites.google.com/site/openimageio/building-oiio-on-windows
*Attaching CMake error log just incase.*

So before I go much deeper into cmake world... anyone have won this battle already and can shade some light?

CMakeError.log
Message has been deleted

Mark Serena

Apr 9, 2014, 8:03:56 PM4/9/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
did my message get deleted? did I post something wrong?
i put up a link to a compiled openImageIO?

Matt Estela

Apr 9, 2014, 11:15:01 PM4/9/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
It might have got flagged as spam, I've noticed google groups does that occasionally when people just post a link and text like 'here's the link you want:'.

Annoyingly the group admin aren't usually notified immediately, they get a warning between 12 and 48 hours later that a message needs verifying.

The fact that you were also trying to sell penis enlargement pills probably didn't help. ;)

Mark Serena

Apr 9, 2014, 11:24:15 PM4/9/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
in this business you need to make a mends any way you can, and that nigerian prince isn't coming to pay my bills.

this is the compiled version of openImageIO I have, which I actually got from Corey Frew (mentalCore dude)
I had the same trouble trying to compile it myself, even roped in some actual programmers to help me out and I was missing dependencies like crazy, worked on it for 2 weeks, somehow I got the time and literally made my brain hurt trying to sort it out.

I randomly told Corey I was struggling on it, and he sent me his copy.

Justin Israel

Apr 10, 2014, 3:18:03 AM4/10/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

I try to approve them as soon as the spam filter tells me about them, but yea it depends on when it sends the report.

Ah, I work with Corey!

Mark Serena

Apr 10, 2014, 3:29:46 AM4/10/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
ah he's at weta now...that explains why he isn't as present on the mentalcore forums as much these days.

Justin Israel

Apr 10, 2014, 3:40:46 AM4/10/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

Well then why isn't he present on this forum? No excuse!

Corey

Apr 10, 2014, 5:46:00 PM4/10/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Heh, hey fellas! I wouldn't trust my windows build, I think only some of the command line tools built correctly. Pretty sure I didn't build the python bindings... windows is a bitch.

Asi Sudai

Apr 10, 2014, 8:12:14 PM4/10/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
I gave up on OpenImageIO in Maya :(

It takes to much time to get it working. I rather workaround it by using subprocess.
I hate loosing the fight to 001000100

But... if anyone feels like cracking this one, feel free!
I'll contribute 2 rounds of beers and organic local healthy burger in the upcoming Vancouver SIG2014 for this one.

Justin Israel

Apr 11, 2014, 3:14:29 AM4/11/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

What about a proper unhealthy burger?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/python_inside_maya/19886a71-4579-41db-b8bb-dcd1fe665470%40googlegroups.com.

Asi Sudai

Apr 11, 2014, 5:21:32 PM4/11/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
you're right... onion rings and double patty :)

Justin Israel

Apr 11, 2014, 5:44:59 PM4/11/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

Ooo that almost makes me want look at Windows!
I guess food is the way to a developers heart.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/python_inside_maya/5c97156f-4306-4a8b-a9cc-33b1c3df6bdd%40googlegroups.com.