Scale Time of a Channel?

Mitch Rosefelt

Feb 18, 2014, 12:28:41 AM2/18/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hi all:
I've created a rig to control oscillations.
Basically there is a locator (the 'driver') bouncing up and down (keyframed using postInfinity='cycle') which is multiplied by another locator (the 'multiplier', using a multDiv node) and the result makes something pulse ('target') at a hand animated amplitude.
My question:
Is there a way to create another controller which would change the speed of the 'driver', and I suppose I might need to also adjust the timing of the 'multiplier' also.
Thanks.

Marcus Ottosson

Feb 18, 2014, 2:15:54 AM2/18/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Sure is. Have a look at the warpNode, you can hook up your curve to it and have it compute a new value for you.

Marcus Ottosson
konstr...@gmail.com

Mitch Rosefelt

Feb 18, 2014, 3:03:09 PM2/18/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for pointing that out.
I tried it, but the curve doesn't show up in the GE.
Looking around the web, I see that if the Bonus Tools are installed, then the TimeWarp curve, when applied to individual channels, will show up on the GE.
Any idea if that will work on a renderfarm (ie, does the Renderfarm have to have the BonusTools installed?).

Haven't used Trax, but I think that can be used also.  Need to look into it.
I prefer to be able to access all of my controls w/code....

Thanks again.

--
Marcus Ottosson
konstr...@gmail.com