performSearchReplaceNames, Not working in Python

Jake Van

Oct 13, 2014, 4:16:53 PM10/13/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to get the Search and Replace window to open up at the end of my script. I have seen things that suggest doing your own search and replace, but I want it to be interactive and I am not that far in Python yet. In fact I just started.
In mel the command 'performSearchReplaceNames 1;' will bring up that window. I have tried various iterations to get it working in Python and nothing has worked yet.
Are there some mel commands that don't transfer into Python?

Thanks for your help.

Mahmoodreza Aarabi

Oct 13, 2014, 4:19:37 PM10/13/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

hey

import maya.mel as mel
mel.eval('performSearchReplaceNames 1;')

good luck

Bests,
madoodia

Jake Van

Mahmoodreza Aarabi

Oct 14, 2014, 1:23:29 AM10/14/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Your welcome.
This is a way that you get your result fast, certainly there are better ways.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/python_inside_maya/01f95191-ab95-4dd0-92f0-c3b9739784b7%40googlegroups.com.

Bests,
madoodia