generating proxy geometry around the selected object

Vishal Kadam

Jun 9, 2020, 7:27:16 AM6/9/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
i there any python script where I can generating proxy geometry around the selected object without loosing silhouette.

Erik Qvarnström

Jun 9, 2020, 8:50:10 AM6/9/20
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Perry Leijten has a button for it on the skinning tool he has on his gumroad:  https://gumroad.com/peerke#peVHN

Pretty sure it uses the skin weights on the selected skinned mesh to generate a mesh with rigid skinning and cuts the mesh where the skinning splits.

Den tis 9 juni 2020 kl 13:27 skrev Vishal Kadam <vishalk...@gmail.com>:
i there any python script where I can generating proxy geometry around the selected object without loosing silhouette.

Vishal Kadam

Jun 9, 2020, 9:07:48 AM6/9/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya

rbdconvexproxy.png

some thing like this as it shows in the image but don't need triangles and should maintain the shape with low geo

Actually I want to generate proxy mesh for hard surface models, will this work for hard-surface kind stuff

I have this kind in houdini it uses convex hull concept but it doesn't maintain the silhouette