Evenly spaced ellipse(s) when scaling

johancc

Oct 11, 2022, 2:31:54 PM10/11/22
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hey all. So I need to keep the same space when duplicating and scaling a nurbs circle(turned into ellipse). The curves on the right of the image are the target(tweaked manually). On the left I just duplicated and scaled uniformly. I wonder what is the math to keep them with even width and height. Something to do with aspect ratio maybe? Thanks.

even.png

for i in range(4):
    my_circle = cmds.circle()
    cmds.scale(7*i,3*i,my_circle, xy=1)

johancc

Oct 11, 2022, 6:48:52 PM10/11/22
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Looks like I needed to add the iterator instead of multiplying, noob mistake.

width = 7
height = 3

for i in range(4):
    my_circle = cmds.circle()
    cmds.scale(width+i,height+i,my_circle, xy=1)

Cheers