Duplicate Faces Maya API

Dilen Shah

Jun 3, 2015, 2:49:56 AM6/3/15
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I am working on a mesh extrusion node, so I am duplicating the faces using MFnMesh.duplicateFaces() and moving them with face normals vector using a distance attribute, now the problem I am having is that when I duplicate the faces the new face Ids have no pattern and their faceIds are really weird and I cant get the faceIds corresponding to its original face.

Is there a way I can get the faceId from it because is just returns a Status and nothing else.

Also I have another question is that in duplicate faces it says:

MStatus duplicateFaces(MIntArray & faceList,
MFloatVector * translation
)

Now it allows me to enter a list of faces but in translation it only accepts 1 vector, thats not possible if i duplicate more than 1 face and move them with just 1 vector.

If anyone knows how i can use separate vectors for each face in a list would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

D.