[ANN] About - Metadata for your folders

Marcus Ottosson

Nov 1, 2013, 8:41:33 AM11/1/13
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Just wanted to let you all know of a tool I've been working on for digital film and commercial productions, its in alpha and available for Windows. It's called

Description
A minimal right-click utility for adding metadata to folders and then accessing it from Maya, Nuke or anywhere you can use Python. Since most of our assets and projects are made out of folders, this way you could make more out of them than simple containers of content.

API
About is built as a graphical front-end to an open-source project, Open Metadata which you can use standalone to access the data you create with About.

Features
At the moment, you can:

    - Play around with 3 types of Metadata
  1. Plain-text
  2. Nested properties
  3. Markdown
    - Read metadata using Open Metadata in Python 2.7 from your host applications

About us
Me and Tudinh are a small, 2-man software development team working on Pipi, the parent of About. We're fresh from freelancing in the film and commercial industry and are looking to make pipelines a little bit more friendly and intuitive.

Enjoy
We're working on getting OSX and Linux binaries out as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know what you think!

Links

Best,
--
Marcus Ottosson