[MSyntax] enableQuery -> Calling syntax creator function failed

vince touache

Oct 14, 2019, 12:39:17 PM10/14/19
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
hi guys,

have anyone noticed a weird behavior using the MSyntax with python api2.0 ?
I'm trying to add a syntax.enableQuery, but that results in a "Calling syntax creator function failed # ".
I'm not super fluent with writing MPxCommands in api2.0, but I did exactly what I usually do in cpp, which works just fine.
So I'm wondering if I did something wrong or if the query feature is just not implemented in maya api2.0, with a not-super-relevant error message ?

Any similar experience ?

cheers

vince touache

Oct 14, 2019, 7:52:23 PM10/14/19
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Turns out I read the documentation too fast....
enableQuery became a property but kept the same name.
I know MFnNumericAttr.setKeyable(bool) became MFnNumericAttr.keyable = bool
but since enableQuery kept the exact same name, I didn't realize. The only difference in the documentation is "enableQuery()" became "enableQuery" - with no brackets
In case that can help anyone...

cheers