Suppress Warning Manager when Importing FBX?

Fred Lewis

Jun 3, 2021, 11:26:00 PM6/3/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Is there any way to suppress Maya's Warning Manager when importing an FBX file programmatically?

I have a script that imports hundreds of FBX files one at a time, using pymel.core.system.importFile().  Works great but whenever Maya's Warning Manager pops up, that closes my progressWindow,.  I want to completely ignore warnings and errors, such as "Incomplete BindPose" for example.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Fred Lewis

Jun 4, 2021, 12:38:06 AM6/4/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
I found the solution and posting here in case anyone else ever needs it.

Just run this line before importing:
pm.other.FBXProperty('Import|AdvOptGrp|UI|ShowWarningsManager', '-v', 0) # disble the Warning Manager

Thanks.