Python package to list expected render output paths

Johannes Pink

Apr 8, 2020, 12:21:24 PM4/8/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi everyone,

does anyone know if there is a python package that provides a function to list expected render output paths from a Maya scene?

That probably would entail figuring out the current render engine, iterating over active render layers, cameras, AOVs and resolving the file prefix template to assemble the absolute output paths.

Concerning render engines it is mainly about Arnold and VRay.
 I am aware of how this is done in the submission script that comes with Deadline (MEL).

Currently I am looking through repos on Github that might provide said functionality, e.g. submission scripts for render service providers.
But in case anyone can point me to something usable, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Johannes

r...@colorbleed.nl

Apr 8, 2020, 3:39:39 PM4/8/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi Johannes,

I don't know of any simple Python package but maybe parts of this help you out:
- https://github.com/Colorbleed/colorbleed-config/blob/acre/colorbleed/plugins/maya/publish/collect_renderlayer_filenames.py
- https://github.com/Colorbleed/colorbleed-config/blob/acre/colorbleed/plugins/maya/publish/collect_render_layer_aovs.py

The code is a bit scattered on our end through different plug-ins that each collect a part of the required data. But maybe this helps. :)

We are also using Deadline so if you need more details surrounding that you might find some in the submit_maya_deadlineor something like that Plugin.

Hope it helps. Very curious to see what others have laying around.

We also have something similar for USD render products (using that with Houdini Solaris) and some Houdini related stuff for Redshift ROP (non-USD) but I am not sure if that is pushed to the repo yet.

Johannes Pink

Apr 9, 2020, 5:34:09 AM4/9/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi Roy,

this is great, I will definitely give it a closer look!

Thanks for your reply!