How to create a custom container to encrypt nodes for commercial confidentiality?

Webber Huang

Jan 21, 2014, 7:36:07 AM1/21/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

Hey guys,i has been participated in some internetional outsourcing projects that need to install some exclusive plugins to open files correctly,what impressed me most was the poly mesh(or some other types) was packaged(or turned) into a custom locator type,can't be edited,when you select it,right click,no normal menu that initially belonged to polygon type popup,and can't paint weight for this kind of mesh with skincluster,even when i try to hide it from 'show' list,only 'locator' option works for it,.

I have some experience in creating custom node,but how to create a custom container(or any other name you call) for this demand?Some body help?

Marcus Ottosson

Jan 21, 2014, 9:02:47 AM1/21/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
That's really interesting, I'd love to know hear more about this as well.

On 21 January 2014 12:36, Webber Huang <xrac...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey guys,i has been participated in some internetional outsourcing projects that need to install some exclusive plugins to open files correctly,what impressed me most was the poly mesh(or some other types) was packaged(or turned) into a custom locator type,can't be edited,when you select it,right click,no normal menu that initially belonged to polygon type popup,and can't paint weight for this kind of mesh with skincluster,even when i try to hide it from 'show' list,only 'locator' option works for it,.

I have some experience in creating custom node,but how to create a custom container(or any other name you call) for this demand?Some body help?

Marcus Ottosson
konstr...@gmail.com

dgovil

Jan 21, 2014, 3:05:16 PM1/21/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like alembic cache being read in via the alembic plugin? Not saying that it's that, but you could maybe look at the alembic open source code and see what they do there.

aevar.gu...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2014, 3:06:43 PM1/21/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
  Alembic GPU cache that is, be careful not to mix it with the standard Alembic geometry cache, If you wrap the GPU cache properly then it will look like geometry, perform faster than anything else out there, is completely un-editable by an outsource party, and you’ll get your scene delivered back unaltered.

  Would be great to hear more details about this though, usually I’m on the other end and someone locked a scene too much and it can’t be opened or the geometry can’t be read, only on the rare occasion I’ve had to lock a scene down like this but there are plenty of options to do this, Alembic being the most supported like dgovil suggests.

  Those who have implemented this do however usually have to adhere to commercials confidentiality, so you may come up empty on a google search…

  Let us know what you find please, it’s an interesting one.

Webber Huang

Jan 21, 2014, 9:30:52 PM1/21/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Yeah,thanks dgovil and Ævar,you guys pull me out from the mist,i just re-check the project files,it does exists external files like alembic cache that contain core information as binary.

I guess something like ploy vertex id,face index,vertext position...those information can be described as polygon in openGL will be extracted and stored in exclusive file,read via plugin and re-draw as locator.

Definitely, alembic source code will be plenty much help.

在 2014年1月22日星期三UTC+8上午4时06分43秒,Ævar Guðmundsson写道: