values as -1e-07 causing issues in maya 2023?

Rudi Hammad

Feb 25, 2023, 6:22:53 PM2/25/23
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hello,
I recently started updating my code from maya 2018 to 2023.
I converted all my code to python 3. I also installed numpy and scipy successfully.
But I am starting to get errors in my unitests that where passing perfectly before and I realized the following:

I have a scene with a curve that I passed to a MFnCurve called mfnCrv. When I run this :
mfnCrv.getPointAtParam(-1e-07, posMPoint, OpenMaya.MSpace.kWorld)
I get the error
 # Error: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 1: (kInvalidParameter): Cannot find item of required type

but if I do this
mfnCrv.getPointAtParam(0.0000001, posMPoint, OpenMaya.MSpace.kWorld)
Everything is fine.

Any one experienced anything like that?

thx,

Message has been deleted

Rudi Hammad

Feb 25, 2023, 6:31:52 PM2/25/23
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
edit: with 1e-07 it is all ok. It is the negative -1e07 that I am getting with numpy that is messing things.