Parallel GPU override slows performance

Rudi Hammad

Jun 30, 2021, 10:25:50 PM6/30/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya

Hello,
I am testing the same scene in maya 2018 an maya 2022. Here are the results
in maya 2018 in parallel , NO gpu override --> 140 fps
in maya 2018 in parallel , gpu override --> 90 fps
in maya 2022 in parallel , NO gpu override --> 170 fps
in maya 2018 in parallel , gpu override --> 280 fps

Two think caught my attention. First, maya 2022 almost is twisce as fast than 2018 in general. And second, in maya 2018 turning gpu override slows down the fps, unlike maya
2022 where you get 100 fps more.

Any thoughts on this?
Cheers,

Ravi Jagannadhan

Jul 1, 2021, 2:17:48 PM7/1/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a good change...

Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves - Carl Sagan