Maya's default PSD in production

Rudi Hammad

Dec 7, 2020, 8:26:58 AM12/7/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya

Hello,
I was wondering if  anyone had experience using maya's default psd tool.
I only used it in one production; in the rest of productions we used a in-house psd tool. Most on the responses I get when I ask why not using maya's are : legacy(maya's psd was introduced in the last version) or wanting to have more more control by wrinting a custom psd from scratch.
Did you feel any limitation when using maya's. I didn't. I actually found it quit powerful(there is even advanced settings to tweak the interpolations, etc..), but maybe I didn't came across a situation where maya's psd comes up short.

Cheers,