PyQt and PySide module share in a Mac server.

Jeff J

Dec 31, 2017, 7:12:46 AM12/31/17
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi,

I am making a standalone tool with PySide on OSX and I want to share it with a team.

So, I have looked to install it on server and sharing it, but didn't found it.

Is there anyway that PySide and PyQt installed on server and share it with all people?

I would use Python shipped with OSX so they don't need to install any extra.

Is there anyway?

Thank you.

Marcus Ottosson

Dec 31, 2017, 8:27:17 AM12/31/17
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

I don’t know about OSX, but on Linux and Windows you can just expose either PySide or PyQt to Python, such as via the PYTHONPATH variable, and it’ll work just fine.

$ export PYTHONPATH=/server/path/to/PyQt5Install
$ python -c "import PyQt4"

For your tool, you could distribute a script that does the above for you.

myTool.sh

#!/usr/bin/env bash
PYTHONPATH=/server/path/to/PyQt5Install python myTool.py

Or even add it in your module.

import sys
sys.path.insert(0, "/server/path/to/PyQt5Install")

import myTool
myTool.show()

Justin Israel

Dec 31, 2017, 3:33:25 PM12/31/17

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018, 2:27 AM Marcus Ottosson <konstr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don’t know about OSX, but on Linux and Windows you can just expose either PySide or PyQt to Python, such as via the PYTHONPATH variable, and it’ll work just fine.

It would be the same solution for OSX as well, by setting the PYTHONPATH to the shared install location of PySide

Another solution that I used to use was to package the tool into an app which can be copied around: