Duplicating polyMesh node. Problem with teared faces

Юрий Сивальнев

Jan 14, 2014, 2:09:41 AM1/14/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. I am newbie at maya plugin programing. Here is my question:
I want create plugin node with input "MFnMeshData" atribute and same output, that duplicates input mesh several times.
I made this in compute function by using MFnMesh.duplicateFaces() function. But it makes all faces independent from each other.

How can i merge vertices in my plugin?
For now i just apply Merge vertices by script, but this produce another "useless" node and i dont want that.

Do i have to use iterator and duplicate mesh by iteration thru all components and getting that arrays for MFnMesh.create() function?
Does exist simpliest way to do this?

Thanks!