Stopping increment on copy number with reference node

Bay

Jul 12, 2024, 5:20:58 PM (3 days ago) Jul 12
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi everyone ,
                        I was wondering if there's a way to stop the copynumber increments on the Reference File attribute on a reference node ?

                       We're developing a tool where the user might be swapping references a lot and the copy number might potentially climb to an high number and we would like to avoid this problem before it gets out of hand.

                      It seems like the reference node itself is keeping track of the filepath swapping  on the fileNames attribute, although it never goes beyond 5 indices.

                      Appreciate any advice on this, thanks!

Thank you
Gann Boon Bay