Re: [Maya-Python] Creating an .exe installer.

Erwann B.

Dec 26, 2021, 6:39:54 AM12/26/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys and Merry Christmas !!

Have a look at Cmake and Cpack which is a cross platform generator tool. I’m using it to create installer on windows (nsis), macOS (dragndrop) and Linux. There’s plenty of ressources online with samples to get you started.

On Sat 25 Dec 2021 at 02:59 Justin Israel <justin...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021, 2:48 pm Rudi Hammad, <ru...@elguiristudios.com> wrote:
Fantastic, thanks. I thought something must already exist. It seems that is for windows only. What about mac or linux. Any cross platform installer?

Maybe search for a dmg installer for macos and do some snaps/deb/rpm approach for Linux?

Because usually clients have windows or mac. Haven't found som much on linux.

On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 1:22:08 AM UTC+1 justin...@gmail.com wrote:

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021, 1:12 pm Rudi Hammad, <ru...@elguiristudios.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering how to do a .exe installer that display a window as we see usually in
any software, meaning, you get a UI displaying a first window with a greeting or whatever,
then you have a button with next that brings you to another window where you can display
an agreement text, or a button where you can set the instalation path, etc...

My guess is that you have to create that UI and the widgets your self, but before doing it I thought that maybe there is already an existing python framework that does all that since we see that kind of instalation setup regulary.

Probably avoid writing your own custom ui solution as a first choice. There are existing tools for creating windows installers. Maybe start here:

Cheers, and merry christmas