is it possible to not show the error --> # Error: Non-deletable node

Rudi Hammad

Aug 21, 2021, 10:09:28 PM8/21/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi,
this might seem an odd question, but I was wondering if it is possible to make maya's IDE not showing the error message when you try to delete an undeletable node.
The reason is than when running unitests, sometimes clean the scene wiht cmds.delete("*"), causing a cascade of # Error: Non-deletable node, which is a bit annoying.

Cheers.

Marcus Ottosson

Aug 22, 2021, 3:29:46 AM8/22/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

My first go-to would be to try cmds.file(new=True, force=True) instead of cmds.delete(), does that work for you?

Rudi Hammad

Aug 22, 2021, 4:08:03 AM8/22/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
of course! that is must simpler!