LayeredTexture node alternative?

Rudi Hammad

Aug 30, 2021, 9:52:23 AMAug 30
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya

Hello,

I am trying to do a facial rig using maps. I am using the technique explained here:
The results are quite nice but it is very slow. The fps drop down from 400 fps to 200 fps.
I guess that working with textures that overlay each other is heavy to compute. And with every new texture layer, more the fps drop.

Do you know any alternatives to this technicque that is so heavy to compute?

Thanks,

Rudi Hammad

Aug 31, 2021, 11:26:00 AMAug 31
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
oh, by the way, is it possible to cache the layered texture or any shader with the alembic?
The only way I can think of doing this is by adding to the geo some  "foo" attribute, connect to it the shader attribute I want, and cache that "foo" attribute.
Then in the alembic scene I import the shader and connect the attribute cached to the shader's one.
This works pretty well, but I wonder if I am missing some option that will cache the shader and its's attributes as well

Rudi Hammad

Sep 2, 2021, 11:32:32 AMSep 2
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Nop. can't cache shaders attrs. That was a nice conversation with my self XD.