How to add attributeChanged callback to attribute connect to another attribute

Oliver Pedersen

Aug 13, 2021, 3:16:03 AMAug 13
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
What is the proper way to add a callback on attribute changed on a custom node where I made the attribute connectable? I have a simple integer attribute on a transform that I connect to my custom node's attribute. When I change the attribute on the connected transform the callback does not fire. When I change it in the attribute editor manually on my custom node itself, it does fire. What is the right way to do this?

I noticed that it also works correctly when I add the attributeChange via the scriptJob command. But I would prefer to have to tied to my node