MFnMesh.getVertexNormal based on specific direction?

João Victor

Mar 30, 2021, 9:43:02 AM3/30/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya

Hi guys!

Could someone help me in a doubt?

There is some way to use OpenMaya.MFnMesh.getVertexNormal(), but instead of using the default kWorld or kObject MSpace flags, I would like to use an specific direction.

I mean: I don´t want to get the normals based on the world, I want to get the normals based in a specific direction, like the world would be in another direction.

Is it possible?

Thanks a lot!

Chris Granados

Mar 30, 2021, 9:53:19 AM3/30/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
You could multiply your normal by a matrix representing your desired coordinate space orientation.

João Victor

Mar 30, 2021, 12:22:30 PM3/30/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much, Chris!