Change the location of Bonus Tools ( 2015 xml )

Ævar Guðmundsson

Aug 26, 2014, 10:53:45 AM8/26/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hola!

  Simple question perhaps, how does one move the location of the Maya 2015 Bonus tools to a network location?

Farsheed Ashouri

Aug 27, 2014, 2:16:16 AM8/27/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Simply change MAYA_MODULE_PATH to your bonus tools path in network share.

Ævar Guðmundsson

Aug 27, 2014, 3:16:28 AM8/27/14
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
hehe, this is what I first thought.  However doing so appears to have no effect.  The Maya 2015 bonus tools are an .xml module rather than the .mod file format.

 I tried just now, moved the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\[path to bonus tools] to C:\temp\mayaBonusTools and set the module path to point at it and nothing happens.  Verified the contents of the .xml to contain only relative paths pointing at the ./Contents directory there within.  No bonus tools menu comes up on launch and the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH and MAYA_SCRIPTS_PATH variable which get set within the module does not ripple onward to the software.

  Just trying to get my head around the new .xml modules, nothing important, but if anyone has figured this one out please share
All the best

Mark Jackson

Aug 28, 2014, 11:02:54 AM8/28/14
to python_inside_maya
Yeah the loading structures for things like Bonus tools ro any apps from the Exchange site have a new back-door to loading. It's kind of covered here:

Mark

Mark Jackson
Technical Animation Director
http://markj3d.blogspot.com/