xGen-primitives-generation

Zhen Huang

Jul 20, 2021, 2:18:34 AMJul 20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi ,

Got an issue , when I tried to export xgen primitives to ass , the process is too slowly .

Just wonder if there a solution to export ass file just descritions data and guide points data at backgroud , so it can avoid the preview process in maya viewport , save time.

Please join to discuss , thank you !

TTw TTa

Aug 2, 2021, 7:40:15 AMAug 2
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
you can exported ass with mayapy in batchmode or use ```isolateSelect``` command to a enpty viewport or use renderlayer

Zhen Huang

Sep 26, 2021, 9:49:53 PMSep 26
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Thank you !  Even through in 'isolateSelect' , the speed seems not so fast , so I turned to guide abc cache solution for my rendering . Seems good now , thanks !

Luke Harris

Sep 27, 2021, 4:35:40 AMSep 27
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
If the translation (export) time is slow with classic xgen make sure xgen multithreading is enabled. Unfortunately using multithreading with "Compensate for uneven paramaterisation" together crashes xgen intermittently, and to get around that you should bake static grooms to xpd and bake guide driven grooms to xuv. Baking to those formats has the advantage also that your grooms no longer have dependencies on ptex maps, which with the ptex that comes with xgen, can cause extremly slow generation on machines with many cores. And you can also continue to take advantage of camera culling, backface culling, and ability to tweak the groom that you can't do with an alembic cache to further improve generation time.