I'm having issues modifying the DG during an attributeChanged callback. When I change the attribute through another connected attribute on my node, it crashes when the callbacks triggers deletion or creation of DAG nodes. However, when I set the attribute directly on my custom node, everything is working great.
I know this isn't the most detailed explanation but I cannot really post the code. I'm just wondering if there is any common pitfalls to modifying the DAG during a callback, as I'm a bit of noob still to the Open Maya API. I keep getting segfaults so I assume it might be related to garbage collection. Changing the deletes MEL command removal and deferring the eval until idle mitigates the issue a bit, but not completely crash free. Again, when I do it directly on my node, everything is happy, no crashes. Wondering why doing it through a connected attribute makes a difference