MItDependencyNodes missing Maya 2016 API 2.0?

David Lantos

Dec 9, 2017, 5:35:02 PM12/9/17
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya

Hi Everyone!

I found MItDependencyNodes class in the maya documentation but not in the maya.api.OpenMaya module.

It looks like this particular class is missing. I did wrong something? I checked it on Maya 2016 SP6.

David

Joe Weidenbach

Dec 9, 2017, 8:34:53 PM12/9/17
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
No, you're not doing anything wrong.  Autodesk added the python API 2.0 a few years ago, and left out the iterator classes entirely.  With 2016, they brought back some of them, but MItDependencyNodes is not one of the ones they brought back yet.

If you want to use it, you'd have to go to API 1.0, which is admittedly more painful to use (it's pretty much a direct port of the C++ API, complete with pointers etc).  I've done it before, basically handling the functionality I needed in API 1.0 and then bringing the MObjects across by name to the 2.0 API before returning them.  With that said, if you just need them for a function, it's not too bad to put just that function in API 1.0.

Angelo Sta. Catalina

Dec 9, 2017, 11:33:32 PM12/9/17
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
That class exists in maya.api.OpenMaya version 2018.1

David Lantos

Dec 13, 2017, 12:16:25 AM12/13/17
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
It looks like this class added since Maya 2016 Extension 2.

Joe Weidenbach

Dec 13, 2017, 12:27:04 AM12/13/17
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Oh cool.  I was still on Extension 1 the last time I looked.