next release?

Doug Hellmann

Jun 21, 2013, 4:42:19 PM6/21/13
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Christophe,

We would like to get a release with the fixes for setting status codes from Pecan apps. Do you have plans for cutting a new version soon? Is there something we can do to help get things ready for that?

Thanks,
Doug

Christophe de Vienne

Jun 23, 2013, 11:19:17 AM6/23/13
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Hello Doug,

You're right it has been a bit too long since the last release.

The one thing I would like to have done before that is to make sure all
the adapters correctly support the status code handling. Generally
speaking we need to make sure all the adapters supports all the
features. -> I could use some help on this (I am right now overloaded
with other projects) and then release a 0.5b3 soon.

Beside this, I think this status handling is a bit "light" and does not
solve the needs for non-default return codes together with error handling.
I made an attempt recently by adding a "error" attribute on the Response
object (see the cornice adapter) but I am not satisfied as it looks more
a hack than a properly designed solution.

Any suggestion / opinion on this matter would be very welcome !

Once this issue is solved AND the documentation completed, I will
release a 0.5 final version.

And I already have ideas for the 0.6 version, I will try and share them
on the list when I have some time.

Regards,

Christophe

Le 21/06/2013 22:42, Doug Hellmann a �crit :