How to use install-jdk 1.1.0 with python-weka-wrapper3

Masun

Jan 15, 2024, 7:04:48 PMJan 15
to python-weka-wrapper
Dears,

The installation steps to use python-weka-wrapper3 are :

1) apt install openjdk-11-jdk
2) pip install python-javabridge
3) pip install python-weka-wrapper3
Option I I don't want to install openjdk using step 1 (apt), instead I want to use :

pip install install-jdk

How can I do that?
When I run the pip install install-jdk, the python-weka-wrapper3 is not well installed

Option II
In case we can't install it using Option I, how can I install openjdk-11-jdk without
being connected to internet

Waiting for your prompt reply

Thank you

Peter Reutemann

Jan 15, 2024, 7:13:58 PMJan 15
to python-we...@googlegroups.com
> The installation steps to use python-weka-wrapper3 are :
>
> 1) apt install openjdk-11-jdk
> 2) pip install python-javabridge
> 3) pip install python-weka-wrapper3
> Option I I don't want to install openjdk using step 1 (apt), instead I want to use :
>
> pip install install-jdk
>
> How can I do that?
> When I run the pip install install-jdk, the python-weka-wrapper3 is not well installed

The python package "install-jdk" gives you the ability to install JDKs
from your Python code. Unless you write code to install a JDK, no JDK
will be installed.

See the "Usage" section:
https://pypi.org/project/install-jdk/

NB: I've never used that library.

> Option II
> In case we can't install it using Option I, how can I install openjdk-11-jdk without
> being connected to internet

If you download a .tar.gz or .zip file of one of the following OpenJDK
releases, then you can copy that from a USB or network drive onto your
machine without internet access:
https://adoptium.net/temurin/releases/

Once extracted, you only have to set the environment variable
"JAVA_HOME", pointing at the OpenJDK directory (the one above the
"bin" directory).

BTW pip requires internet access as well unless you point it to files
downloaded previously.

> Waiting for your prompt reply

"prompt"? This is not a paid service...

Cheers, Peter