new release: 0.3.0

Peter Reutemann

Jul 11, 2024, 7:56:04 PM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to python-weka-wrapper
Hi everyone

I've just made a new release available: 0.3.0

The major change is that jpype replaces the underlying javabridge library for communicating with the JVM. Mainly because javabridge hasn't been maintained properly for a while now.
By switching to jpype, M1/M2 Mac users can finally make use of pww3 as well.

Changes since 0.2.16:
  • added is_additional_measure_producer variable, additional_measures property and additional_measure(str) method to the weka.classifiers.Classifier class, giving convenient access to classes implementing weka.core.AdditionalMeasureProducer
  • replaced javabridge with jpype behind the scenes, simplifying native API calls
  • removed property JavaObject.jclasswrapper
  • property JavaObject.jwrapper is now deprecated and JavaObject.jobject should be used instead
  • renamed JavaArray.new_instance to JavaArray.new_array
  • now works on M1/M2 Macs
  • updated doc strings
  • updated documentation, especially around installation
Despite taking great care during the migration (all tests and examples work), it is quite lilely that there are still some gremlins hidden away. So, please let me know if you come across bugs and either post them here or as an inssue on the github repo (https://github.com/fracpete/python-weka-wrapper3). When reporting bugs, please include a minimal example that exhibits the problem.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Cheers, Peter