Python GUI

elacheche

Mar 31, 2011, 5:31:04 AM3/31/11
to Python Tunisia
Hello everybody,
I want to ask you your opinion about PyGTK and PyQT...
According to you which is the best between this two GUI creators...
I'll do a mini-project using Python, so I need to know what GUI
creator I need to use :-D
I've do some research about them, but I want to have the opinion of
some people who already use one of them.
Best Regards,
ANIS

Ghassen Telmoudi

Mar 31, 2011, 7:39:50 AM3/31/11
to Python Tunisia
Hi Anis,
I think there are two libraries that you didn't mention here, which
are Tkinter and WxPython.
If you want to build a simple GUI and avoid overheads if you're
beginner use Tkinter it is python built-in,
and easy to learn and to deal with.
if you're more comfortable with python, with a Linux background use
PyGTK, coz you can find plenty of code source examples,
starting from you're OS if you're using ubuntu.
if you want to use GUI builder I used one called Boa Constrictor back
at the time.
if you want more details follow this link you'll find more opinions:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3993269/pygtk-vs-pyqt-vs-wxpython-vs-tkinter

El Achèche ANIS

Apr 1, 2011, 5:44:39 AM4/1/11
to Python Tunisia
Thx for your help ghassen, I already check the website :-D
I didn't mention WxPython because I didn't like it... And for Tkinter
(like it's mentioned in the most of websites) is “the simplest, but
least feature-complete”.
I think that I will try my shot with PyGTK :-D
thx again :-)