New asyncio event loop implementation (written in Rust)

Nikolay Kim

May 10, 2017, 1:30:25 PM5/10/17
to python-tulip
I'd like to announce new event loop, written in Rust language.

It is still in alpha stage. It provides most of asyncio event loop apis, except udp, but should be relatively easy to add.
I'd say tcp part is more or less stable, Aiohttp tests pass with tokio loop (~1800 tests). I am planing to run more tests from other libraries.

Performance wise it should be close to uvloop. I did tests in early stages of development. It is definitely
faster that default loop.

But main motivation behind this project is to be able to mix Rust code with Python. Internal implementation still requires
more thinking, but it is already possible to to wait for python task/future completion in rust code and opposite.

Project is still in early stage of development, if anyone interested, you are welcome to join.

https://github.com/PyO3 - Pythonium Trioxid (Thanks to Yury Selivanov for this name!)

DAVID ALEJANDRO PINEDA

Jul 24, 2018, 8:55:06 AM7/24/18
to python-tulip
Hi!

Can you explain how to integrate  rust program with Python?

Best regards!

Nikolay Kim

Jul 30, 2018, 3:57:05 PM7/30/18
to python-tulip
You can use PyO3 library https://github.com/PyO3/pyo3, it is easy to integrate rust code with python.

integration of async code is questionable ion general. I found that there is no much reason to integrate networking code,
it is easier and faster to re-write networking code in rust and then call python functions from it.

DAVID ALEJANDRO PINEDA

Jul 31, 2018, 1:26:48 PM7/31/18
to python-tulip

Oh Thank you!