How many http requests can tornado handle.

Rajdeep Rath

Jan 25, 2022, 1:51:25 AM1/25/22
to python-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wanted to know, under standard conditions without involving any database or external network stuff, if I were to make simple http get or post requests to a basic tornado application, how many requests can it handle per second or something like that?

Regards

Ben Darnell

Jan 27, 2022, 8:25:17 PM1/27/22
to Tornado Mailing List
It's been a while since I tested this, but last time I measured a basic "hello world" server it could serve around 4000 requests per second in a single process (in a real deployment you'd have at least 1 process per CPU). According to https://web-frameworks-benchmark.netlify.app/result?l=python they measured it at 11k requests per second.

-Ben