Tornado Httpclient tcp connect left in established state

dinesh verma

Jul 7, 2022, 12:10:43 PM7/7/22
to Tornado Web Server
Hi All,

In our application we are using tornado AsynHttpClient to send request to url,
we are seeing fd leak issue, and on debugging found that few connection still in established state.
we are setting con_timeout and request_timeout in httpClient.fetch(.....) call.

Does anyone know about this issue, or any solution this problem.

Please Attach similar code which we are using in our lab.

Thanks and Regards
Dinesh Verma

Ben Darnell

Jul 10, 2022, 8:14:54 PM7/10/22
to Tornado Mailing List
I don't think there are any known issues like this, but it could be related to something we've seen before. The open issues list for the HTTP client modules is https://github.com/tornadoweb/tornado/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Ahttpclient.

Do you know anything more specific about the requests that are leaking file descriptors? For example, there's a bug with timeouts after following a redirect which sounds like it has the potential to leak file descriptors (#3064).

Which version of Tornado are you using? Are you using the default or `curl_httpclient`?

-Ben