New in Python .....

marcio paoliello

Oct 24, 2013, 7:49:13 PM10/24/13
to python-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I am willing to learn a programming language and many have told me bout Python. I would appreciate very much any advice on this matter: how to go from thievery first step to an intermediate level on Python, taking the steps by myself.

Thank you in advance.

Marcio

Kristofer Hallin

Oct 25, 2013, 2:11:38 AM10/25/13
to python-s...@googlegroups.com

The official tutorial will get you started.

http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/

--
Det här meddelandet skickas till dig eftersom du prenumererar på gruppen Stockholm Python User Group i Google Groups.
Om du vill sluta prenumerera på den här gruppen och inte längre få någon e-post från den skickar du ett e-postmeddelande till python-stockho...@googlegroups.com.

Emil Nilsson

Olav Vahtras

Oct 25, 2013, 3:08:56 AM10/25/13
to python-s...@googlegroups.com
MIT has many nice online courses with recorded lectures and tutorials

see e.g. 6.00 and 6.189

Regards,
Olav

Peppe Bergqvist

Oct 25, 2013, 3:12:54 AM10/25/13
to python-s...@googlegroups.com
Code Academy usually have good online tutorials, http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python

Cheers!
Peppe

--
Peppe Bergqvist
Twitter: http://twitter.com/peppelorum

Mattias Östmar

Oct 26, 2013, 6:58:39 AM10/26/13
to python-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've tried all the ways mentioned by the others, but what in the end really got me going (I started with learning python the hard way, then codecademy, then TheNewBoston youtube-series) was the excellent book Learning Python by Mark Lutz. http://it-ebooks.info/book/304/

I suppose it's all about your individual learning style. I've kept up for 14 months now and am starting to be able to do some fun stuff in textanalysis.

Good luck!

Niklas Rosencrantz

Oct 26, 2013, 7:09:17 AM10/26/13
to python-s...@googlegroups.com
When google appengine launched it was only in python so I recoded my webapp from Java to Python. I didn't choose Python, I had to learn it to deploy to google appengine; it's less verbose and more concise than Java so I'm happy with the choice. My stack is GAE + Jinja2 + webapp2 (webapp-improved.appspot.com) and I can recommend it since it's cost-efficient and flexible. /cheers