Migrating out of Google Code

Cédric Krier

Mar 24, 2015, 4:45:03 AM3/24/15
to python-sql
Hi,

Google has announced the closing of Google Code [1].
So we have to find a new home for python-sql.
The highly suggested path is GitHub but we (Nicolas and me) are not very
fan of it for some reasons:

- proprietary software
- Git, we prefer the clarity of Mercurial (hg-git could work but
terribly slow on small machine)
- The Pull Request, we prefer pre-commit review

We evaluated also Bitbucket but it doesn't solve all the critics because
mainly it is a clone of GitHub with just better support of Mercurial.

So we came to the solution of asking the Tryton Foundation [2] to host
python-sql for us. As many know already Tryton is a key user of
python-sql and a key dependency for Tryton.
In such case the mercurial repository will be hosted at
http://hg.tryton.org/python-sql
A roundup instance (bugtracker) will be available at
http://python-sql.tryton.org/
The drone.io will be replaced by the drone instance of the Foundation.

[1]
http://google-opensource.blogspot.be/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html
[2] http://foundation.tryton.org/
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Cédric Krier

May 14, 2015, 11:55:02 AM5/14/15
to python-sql
On 24 Mar 09:42, Cédric Krier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Google has announced the closing of Google Code [1].
> So we have to find a new home for python-sql.
> The highly suggested path is GitHub but we (Nicolas and me) are not very
> fan of it for some reasons:
>
> - proprietary software
> - Git, we prefer the clarity of Mercurial (hg-git could work but
> terribly slow on small machine)
> - The Pull Request, we prefer pre-commit review
>
> We evaluated also Bitbucket but it doesn't solve all the critics because
> mainly it is a clone of GitHub with just better support of Mercurial.
>
> So we came to the solution of asking the Tryton Foundation [2] to host
> python-sql for us. As many know already Tryton is a key user of
> python-sql and a key dependency for Tryton.
> In such case the mercurial repository will be hosted at
> http://hg.tryton.org/python-sql
> A roundup instance (bugtracker) will be available at
> http://python-sql.tryton.org/

The migration is done.
We will still use for code review: https://codereview.appspot.com/
The issue are not yet migrated but the roundup instance will start
numbering issue after the last one. I got an archive of them in json if
someone wants to work on writing a script to import them, I will be
happy to send the archive.

> The drone.io will be replaced by the drone instance of the Foundation.

The drone CI is not yet setup.