How to specify schema?

Steve Jackson

Jan 8, 2015, 12:40:28 PM1/8/15
to pytho...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the work on this - potentially a really nice tool.

Is there a way to use a schema with the table name?

my_table = Table('myshema.mytable') doesn't work because the results produce a quote (DELETE FROM "myschema.mytable") instead of ("DELETE FROM "myshema"."mytable")

Cédric Krier

Jan 8, 2015, 1:05:02 PM1/8/15
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Indeed schema are not yet supported but it should be easy to do.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Cédric Krier

Jan 8, 2015, 1:45:03 PM1/8/15
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
On 08 Jan 19:04, Cédric Krier wrote:
> On 08 Jan 09:40, Steve Jackson wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the work on this - potentially a really nice tool.
> >
> > Is there a way to use a schema with the table name?
> >
> > my_table = Table('myshema.mytable') doesn't work because the results
> > produce a quote (DELETE FROM "myschema.mytable") instead of ("DELETE FROM
> > "myshema"."mytable")
>
> Indeed schema are not yet supported but it should be easy to do.

You can check this review:
https://code.google.com/p/python-sql/issues/detail?id=31