double quotes in statements

gskjo

Oct 31, 2013, 7:35:36 AM10/31/13
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
tried using this with mariaDB. Get an error as double quotes does not seem to be allowed. Told this is refered to as constants. Tablenames etc. are identifiers and should use backticks if any.

What databases is this library tested against? Could the quoting, backticks etc. use flavours?

-gs

Cédric Krier

Oct 31, 2013, 8:09:43 AM10/31/13
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
An similar request was already filled [1].
According to the doc [1], MariaDB has also the ANSI_QUOTES mode.
I really want to take the number Flavor options as low as possible so if
there is a workaround for the database it is better to use it and stay
close to SQL standard.

About the testing, python-sql generates only strings so it is not tested
on any database backend but on the strings output.

Personnaly, we use it for Tryton which is tested on PostgreSQL, SQLite
and MariaDB [3].

[1] https://code.google.com/p/python-sql/issues/detail?id=13
[2] https://mariadb.com/kb/en/sql_mode/
[3] http://tests.tryton.org/

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

gskjo

Oct 31, 2013, 8:50:14 AM10/31/13
to pytho...@googlegroups.com

ah.. thanks for the quick reply.

I did only check the open issues. My bad.

I was unaware of the ansi sql mode. Thanks for the tip.