Wiki Update?

Zane Blalock

Apr 25, 2014, 5:21:18 PM4/25/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
I understand this might be a dead project, but is there any chance we can get the wiki started?
I'm rather new to SQL in general and I'm not seeing any way to connect to a database that's not stored locally - and being able to do the queries from said database.
Thank you,
-Zane

Cédric Krier

Apr 25, 2014, 5:55:53 PM4/25/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
On 25 Apr 14:21, Zane Blalock wrote:
> I understand this might be a dead project,

It is absolutly not a dead project. Why do you think it is?

> but is there any chance we can
> get the wiki started?

Why do you want a wiki. The README is quite extensif on explaining what
does python-sql.

> I'm rather new to SQL in general and I'm not seeing any way to connect to a
> database that's not stored locally - and being able to do the queries from
> said database.

python-sql is not a library to access databases but a library to write
SQL queries. So you don't need an access to the database to write the
SQL query, you need an access to run the query on it.
The flavor of python-sql allows you to use almost any database using any
PEP 249 python library.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com