Python Sheffield: Talk Evening, Tue 27 Jun

pys...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2017, 3:23:38 PM6/6/17
to python-s...@googlegroups.com

Tue 27 Jun 2017 06:30pm to Tue 27 Jun 2017 08:30pm
The June Python Sheffield event is still to be determined but, as usual, will be from 18:30 on the last Tuesday of the month.

Details to follow.

Attendance is free and the event is intended to be suitable for all levels of python experience. If you'd like to attend this meeting, it is advisable to bring a laptop. Any under 18s who wish to attend must be accompanied by an adult, preferably also with an interest in Python.
More details at http://ift.tt/2rEE0ga

Powered by Open Tech Calendar
Sponsored by Amazon Development Centre Scotland

from Python Sheffield - 21 Days Before Start - Open Tech Calendar http://ift.tt/2rEE0ga

Gary

Jun 11, 2017, 12:56:47 PM6/11/17
to python-s...@googlegroups.com
I have just updated the event page here with the plan for this month: https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/event/5404-python-sheffield-talk-evening

If you are interested in any of ZeroMQ, raspberry pi or controlling LEDs, hopefully there will be something in the event for you!

Cheers,
  Gary

pys...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 3:18:27 PM6/20/17
to python-s...@googlegroups.com

Tue 27 Jun 2017 06:30pm to Tue 27 Jun 2017 08:30pm

This month we are going to have a fairly informal talk by Gary Martin (@allegary) to have what he hopes to be a fun look at programming using messaging over sockets. We'll be given a look at using ZeroMQ to build projects out of a set of smaller programs with well defined parts. We'll do all this in the context of what might seem like a silly project of Gary's called Pixels as a Service which he has recently rewritten to use ZeroMQ.

Expect raspberry pi's leds lighting up and hopefully a bit of light audience participation that

The following is a rough guide for how the evening is expected to unfold:

17:45 - 18:15: Informally, a number of us are likely to be at the StreetFoodChef on Arundel Street for burritos. While these are not provided as part of attending, anyone is welcome to join us.

18:30 - 18:45: Meeting starts with some time for announcements and usually some chatter.

18:45 - 20:30: The main event/events.

20:30 - late : Migrate to a local pub (in recent months we have chosen the Tap and Tankard on Cambridge Street, near John Lewis) for post event drinks. Note that this part of the evening is probably not suitable for any children to join in with, though this does depend on the rules set by the pub.

Attendance is free and the event is intended to be suitable for all levels of python experience. Any under 18s who wish to attend must be accompanied by an adult, preferably also with an interest in Python.

from Python Sheffield - 7 Days Before Start - Open Tech Calendar http://ift.tt/2rEE0ga