Re: [python-security] Fortify for Python

Mat Caughron

Mar 8, 2013, 8:59:12 PM3/8/13
to python-...@googlegroups.com
hi Geoff:

As a former Fortify consultant, I recommend that you peruse the python section of VulnCat at:

I would not describe the python support as mature.

The only four areas for python-specific potential findings are: Cody Quality, Encapsulation, Input Validation/Representation, and Security Features

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Geoff Dillon <geoffd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone have any experience running Fortify on Python code?   I'm mainly wondering what rules they are applying and how I could verify that its actually looking at my code.  So far I've run it and found very little of interest, just a few Low priority items like using the word "Password" inside a comment.