Migrating out of Google Code

35 views
Skip to first unread message

Cédric Krier

unread,
Mar 24, 2015, 4:40:03 AM3/24/15
to relatorio
Hi,

Google has announced the closing of Google Code [1].
So we have to find a new home for relatorio.
The highly suggested path is GitHub but we (Nicolas and me) are not very
fan of it for some reasons:

- proprietary software
- Git, we prefer the clarity of Mercurial (hg-git could work but
terribly slow on small machine)
- The Pull Request, we prefer pre-commit review

We evaluated also Bitbucket but it doesn't solve all the critics because
mainly it is a clone of GitHub with just better support of Mercurial.

So we came to the solution of asking the Tryton Foundation [2] to host
relatorio for us. As many know already Tryton is the main user of
relatorio and a key dependency for Tryton.
In such case the mercurial repository will be hosted at
http://hg.tryton.org/relatorio
A roundup instance (bugtracker) will be available at
http://relatorio.tryton.org/
The drone.io will be replaced by the drone instance of the Foundation.
The only missing part will be the wiki but we have only 2 pages so I
think it will be better to convert it into documentation hosted at
readthedocs.org

[1]
http://google-opensource.blogspot.be/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html
[2] http://foundation.tryton.org/
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Cédric Krier

unread,
May 14, 2015, 12:00:02 PM5/14/15
to relatorio
On 24 Mar 09:39, Cédric Krier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Google has announced the closing of Google Code [1].
> So we have to find a new home for relatorio.
> The highly suggested path is GitHub but we (Nicolas and me) are not very
> fan of it for some reasons:
>
> - proprietary software
> - Git, we prefer the clarity of Mercurial (hg-git could work but
> terribly slow on small machine)
> - The Pull Request, we prefer pre-commit review
>
> We evaluated also Bitbucket but it doesn't solve all the critics because
> mainly it is a clone of GitHub with just better support of Mercurial.
>
> So we came to the solution of asking the Tryton Foundation [2] to host
> relatorio for us. As many know already Tryton is the main user of
> relatorio and a key dependency for Tryton.
> In such case the mercurial repository will be hosted at
> http://hg.tryton.org/relatorio
> A roundup instance (bugtracker) will be available at
> http://relatorio.tryton.org/

Migration done.
We still use for code review: https://codereview.appspot.com/
The issues are not yet migrated but I have an json archive of them. If
someone wants to work on an import script, I can send it.

> The drone.io will be replaced by the drone instance of the Foundation.

Drone is not yet configured.

> The only missing part will be the wiki but we have only 2 pages so I
> think it will be better to convert it into documentation hosted at
> readthedocs.org

The archive can be found at
http://hg.tryton.org/deprecated/relatorio.wiki/
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages