Material Absorption and Emission

Daniel Farrell

Aug 5, 2009, 6:42:40 AM8/5/09
to python-ray-tracing-community
Hi folks,

I have added some files that allow for material absorption and
emission. You need to specify and absorption coefficient and a
emission spectrum to use them (in the simplest case this could just be
a square spectrum). I have written a demo file that shows how to use
them and generated photon random walks graphs. For more information
read this page, http://groups.google.com/group/python-ray-tracing-community/web/materials-py
.

It is my hope that this can be included into any ray tracer (it should
be easily possible with only minor modifications). I can assist you
with this if you want, please let me know.

Cheers,

Dan